Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Project Idea Presentation

Tomorrow you will be presenting your project idea to the class. You will have to talk for 1 - 2 minutes and answer questions from your peers. Today, you should take time to prepare for your presentation. The protocol outlined below should give you talking points for your project. Take a look at the presentation protocol and then prepare a brief outline with as much information as you need for tomorrow. Then, go back and look at all the initial project ideas that have been posted on class blogs. Write down one question you have about five (5) different projects. Turn in your presentation outline and questions at the end of the period.

Presentation Protocol:
  1. State your name and grade.
  2. Briefly explain your project idea.
    What is the main question or issue?
  3. Summarize your backwards plan.
  4. Explain why you think your project is important.
  5. How will your project affect others? How does it connect to the community?
  6. Discuss what two habits of mind your project will exemplify
The class must ask each presenter at least two questions and receive an answer before we move on. The class may also provide any comments or suggestions to each presenter in addition to the questions.

Following the presentations we will discuss which projects will be the most meaningful additions to a portfolio.

3 comments:

Malynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T@NONY@ said...

I wanted to make a video about my growth from my first years of high school to my ending days of high school. I want to gather up some of the teachers and ask them questions about how 9th grade was when I first started to how it is now and then also ask some of the teachers I have now how it is teaching the 12th grade class. But then I also want to get pictures of us in 9th grade when going on trips and during class time. Then also in the 12th grade should have pictures too. But then I also thought about making an book about it also. So that I can make an introduction about what they would be watching on the film.

Malynthia said...

I would say this: Hi my name is Malynthia Barnhill and I am a 12 grader at this school. My project/ picture is going to be about me and where I grew up at. It would either be a picture of my building with people sitting in the front, the people would be my family suc as my older twin sisters, my ilttle sister, my mother, and I. Or it would be a picture of my block. The picture would be taken at in the middle of the street, at the corners of Herzl and Lott. But along with the picture would be a video of many interview from my school family and some from my hood family. The reason why I want to do this is because I want to let everyone know were I grew up at and how I have changed and over come the hard times in my life.