Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Project Proposal

Portfolio Project Proposal

Now that everyone has had some time to think and re-think your individual portfolio project it is time to submit a formal written proposal by Wednesday March 19th. The proposal will be included in your 1st marking period grade as a major project, because it should reflect all the thought and energy you have devoted to your project so far. For many of you, this is an opportunity to improve your grade by putting together all of the little steps you may have missed into a clearly written, one page document that outlines your independent portfolio project.

A formal proposal is a requirement for thesis papers, projects, grants, small businesses, and studies to a name few examples where writing is a key part of getting funding or permission to develop your own idea. In college or career it is an integral part of getting things done in a competitive environment. Being able to clearly and directly state your or someone else’s ideas, plans, and rationale is a very important skill. Grant writing, a specific kind of proposal where individuals and groups propose ideas for funding, can be a full-time job.

Your proposal should touch upon all of the steps we taken so far in our planning, but now you will have to refine your project idea into a clear thesis statement. This statement will guide the rest of your proposal like it would guide an essay or report. Please use the following outline to structure your proposal.

• Please introduce your project and what is important about it. Please list the main ideas that your project will address. Examples include what will be communicated, what you will learn, or how it will demonstrate the habits of mind.
• Please provide a rationale your project by supporting your main ideas. Please provide an analysis of any research questions you have, planning you have done, materials or skills you will need, and what evidence you will use to support your idea. Please explain why it is important, how it will affect others, and how it connects to the larger community.
• Please discuss how the project reflects you as a unique individual and what it will add to your portfolio presentation that is not present in your other work. How does the project reflect your creativity and risk-taking?
• Conclude your proposal by discussing your commitment to the project. Discuss what challenges you will face and possible solutions. Briefly discuss your strengths and weaknesses working on projects.

Your proposal must be a minimum of four paragraphs or one page, typed and double-spaced in 12 pt Times font with your name. It may not exceed two pages.

4 comments:

T@NONY@ said...

The materials that I will need to use for my project is different types of girls that have been pregnant or was pregnant, have an servey of how many girls get pregnant in high school from ninth grade to thewlfh grade. I will also need a video camara and differnt types of designs to put in side of the film.

Malynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T@NONY@ said...

Tanonya Floyd

March 20,2008

My Porposal

My project is about young girls in high school that get pregnant and drop out. It will address to young girls and guys in high school that is thinking about having children. It will demonstrate the habits of mind because I will put my all and also outside information into my project.


I will be getting information from my own knowledge and from books, Internet, and from people who been in that citation. The materials that I will need for my project is a video camera, pictures and people. I will use survey’s to support my evidence. It is important because there are a lot of young girls today who get pregnant in high school who need to read about young girls getting pregnant in high school and about the outcomes of that happening.

It reflects me as a unique individual because I’ve been there and threw what girls are going threw. My strength is that I will know a lot because I know what a lot of girls was going threw or went threw with being pregnant and getting threw the process. Well I would not be really taking a risk because I know what girls was going threw when they know what was happening to them and I was once their so it would not be hard for me.

I will have a big commitment to this project because it is right up my alley. I don’t think that I will be facing and challenge because I know what to do. My weakness might be that when doing this I might get a little depress and might not want to finish. But you know what I will because young girls and guys need to know about this because it is very important for young girls entering high school to know about this.

Malynthia said...

The main idea of my project is to show how my hood, which is Brownsville, has changed from then to now. It is important tome because it probably can help others know more about me.
It connects to a larger community because it is about a large community. I will try to get information from the people who have lived here most or all of their life. Such as my immediate family, friends, and teachers from P.S. 165.
This project is unique because I am the only one doing a project about my neighborhood. It reflects my creativity because I am going to draw a picture of my building and make a documentary about my hood. This shows some risk-taking from me because I am going to interview some people I never talked to before.
I will be very commited to this project because I will try to make sure I have all of my equipment I need for this project.